Saturday 31 March 2012

Why I think schoolgirls should wear their hair up

Allow me to clarify one thing, I used to hate wearing my hair up as a child. Well to school at least, ballet was another thing.

My daughter loves wearing her hair up. Even though her hair is bobbed because she wanted to only wear a headband to school, she still puts it up.

So what is different, she still gets knots and grizzles about me brushing it! She attends private school and is required to wear shoulder length hair up. I went to public school.

I can now appreciate why it is beneficial for them to wear it up.

Safety

It is safer for them to have long hair up.

We always had to tie our hair back for Home Ec., Tech Studies and Science. It was safer.
I imagine it is also safer for the playground. Though a ponytail can have a mean whip to it.

Health

It is true that it reduces the ability of a lice to move from one child to another. I think this alone should make it mandatory in all schools.

It can make it harder for them to chew their hair. I admit it, my daughter has just started to do this.

It keeps the hair out of their eyes.



Academically
Seems a stretch, but it is easier to concentrate if you don't have to constantly sweep hair out of your face or off of your page (yes my hair was once that long).

Self-worth

I think that making a child wear their hair up can help them develop a sense of pride in their appearance and improve self-worth.

So maybe Schooled Up Hair Accessories can even be good for you and provide a community service? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment