Thursday 22 March 2012

A bit about Schooled Up

So if you have seen me on facebook, you know I am Kara, I own Schooled Up Hair Accessories and I have two children (and a husband).

What you might not know is as a girl I kept my ribbons neatly pegged on a hanger in my wardrobe. Didn't know that? Well before I could do my own hair my Mum used to give me a top-knot hairdo with a ribbon.

I remember sitting for hours in my bedroom, aged about 12, continuously folding and re-folding ribbon roses.
Photo courtesy http://www.borrowedandbleu.com/advice-ideas/diy-romantic-rose-headband/

So why did it come as a surprise that when I couldn't find any suitable hairties for our daughter in the shops that I decided to make some.

Well little did I know that I would re-ignite a childhood passion and embark on a magical journey into satin, velvet, felt, markets, wholesaling and retailing!

What wasn't a surprise is that I have kept my grassroots simple & elegant style, attention to detail and desire for the perfect and special look.

I hope you enjoy it too!

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment