Thursday 26 April 2012

Off to school

So this week my youngest started school. Shouldn't be too painful, right? Been there before? Well he is Mum's boy and the eldest was more than ready for school.


So bags full, pockets with extra tissues and a heart slowly tearing I took him to school on Monday. What was I worried about? Was I worried about a tantrum, tears, wanting to go home, what about him? OK, seriously. They were concerns, but I new those would pass. But what were my concerns? Was I worried that i would cry & embarrass myself, nope did that on a school visit day. Was I worried that he wouldn't cry? Was I worried that this was the beginning, my baby was growing up and this was but the beginning to the end? Hmmm, could be!


So what happened? After a nervous moment waiting to go into class, we got him settled. (The joy of being second is he knows the routine from his sister). We sat down and looked at the letters and numbers on his desk and read them together. Then the bell went. I held my breath! Only to be greeted with "Mum, that's the bell. You need to go now". What my job here is done? No tears? Not even mine. Not needing to be told twice I left the class and drove off to my first appointment.

Now I started thinking about why I felt the way I did. Then the most amazing thing happened. A rainbow appeared.


I knew he was going to be OK. Better still I felt calm and knew that I was going to be OK. Now I can't say every day has been roses, he is 4 and does get tired. But you know what? I reckon it will all work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment